The advantages of this unique campus location are numerous. Tenants benefit from immediate access to restaurants, conference facilities and accommodation in addition to all the sporting, social and cultural activities of the University including:
Conference / Meeting
- Edinburgh Conference Centre (ECC) is the second largest conference centre in Edinburgh and is located on campus. The venue is used for academic meetings, exhibitions and conferences throughout the year, and the conference team provide full conference support with media facilities and catering services available.
- A wide range of business and commercial services are available to tenants on site including research, consultancy,catering and accommodation.
- There is also access to the common services of the campus including sports medicine, the University Health Centre, banking, childcare, hairdressers, bookshop and library.
- Staff and visitors have access to all catering facilities, which includes a variety of café and restaurant outlets on campus.
- Existing high quality sports facilities will be further supplemented by the state-of-the-art National Performance Centre for Sport, which is scheduled to complete in 2016. The social activities of the University are also available to tenants.
Companies located on the Research Park are also in a unique position to attract the most talented recruits, whether this be University graduates or the assistance of senior members of the academic community.
Current tenants undertake a variety of activities leading to manufacture including research and development across a range of sectors from petroleum engineering, biotechnology and business to information and communication technology.
There are 29 established and new companies on site, including a number of internationally renowned companies. Current tenants include The Institute of Occupational Medicine, Renishaw PLC, Scotch Whisky Research Institute and Scottish Water. The Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service recently selected the Research Park for its new national HQ which is due to open in 2017. The new National Performance Centre for Sport will open in 2016.